01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: First Finished Crow Pillow 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

First Finished Crow Pillow

34
After going to that meeting all about Hexagons, I have been trying out my new skill!  I made a pillow using some hexagons and one of the crow prints from the other day.

This was a fun project!  I really enjoyed a little hand-stitching to get the hexagons made, definitely a shape I want to work with more often.  For this pillow, it took a little while to figure out a good layout with the rectangular crow patch.  This was my first idea... and you can see how I pieced the hexagons together.


I finally came up with this layout.  The strip of hexies is for the back ~ it's an envelope enclosure, and I like how this little addition really makes the pillow look complete.


Once I got the hexie pieces stitched to the background navy fabric, I sandwiched it up to do some quilting.  Since the navy fabric is nice... but very plain, I decided to try quilting close together which made some really cool patterns on the pillow!


When I got it all put together this is how this 16" square pillow turned out:

It's really fun to be able to use new ideas and knowledge!  Now onto the next project ~ YAY!

Labels:

35 36 37 38