This was a fun project! I really enjoyed a little hand-stitching to get the hexagons made, definitely a shape I want to work with more often. For this pillow, it took a little while to figure out a good layout with the rectangular crow patch. This was my first idea... and you can see how I pieced the hexagons together.
I finally came up with this layout. The strip of hexies is for the back ~ it's an envelope enclosure, and I like how this little addition really makes the pillow look complete.
Once I got the hexie pieces stitched to the background navy fabric, I sandwiched it up to do some quilting. Since the navy fabric is nice... but very plain, I decided to try quilting close together which made some really cool patterns on the pillow!
When I got it all put together this is how this 16" square pillow turned out:
It's really fun to be able to use new ideas and knowledge! Now onto the next project ~ YAY!