01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Finished Mat 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Finished Mat

34
So we had our little snack mat swap at the PMQG meeting last week and beforehand, I started a bunch of mats, but only finished one good one before the swap.  I just finished another yesterday:
and here's the back - see... I did a little free motion quilting on my machine too... I just taped over the feed dogs (thanks for the tip Jill!) and I was able to move it around.  Now I should invest in a good darning/quilting presser foot:




This was the first one that I was happy with my binding and mitered corners:
This is all such great practice!  I've recently just started a baby/youth quilt for the monochromatic challenge.  I was planning on putting it on consignment at a maternity shop, but as I'm working on it, I'm starting to get attached... I really like it!  It's all yellow ~ nice and bright and cheery... and I'll finish the top today and then I can get started on the quilting... and then use my newly-found techniques to make a kick-a** binding! 
35 36 37 38