01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Free Motion Practice Octopus 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Free Motion Practice Octopus

34
So... as some of you know, I'm practicing my free motion quilting so I can successfully quilt my hand-pieced squid.  The squid is just sitting there staring at me and I can hear it yelling "hurry up and quilt me already!"  I'm a little afraid because I really, really want to do it justice... and I'm just a little too lazy to hand-quilt it.

That said, I did a little practicing over the weekend, I'm getting much better at the circles! I'm still not sure how I will do the 'water' part of the quilt and so I think I'll need at least one more project under my belt before I hunker down and get to work!
 

It ended up looking kind of cool, so I decided to make it into a wall hanging.  With the last few things I've stitched together, I have lamented not having labels or a way to "tag" my finished pieces.  So I thought I'd have some made and found out they are just satin ribbon with a print... and since we have our own printing studio, I kicked my hubby in the butt and got him to print some simple label tags for me.
We printed them on some satin ribbon I had laying around, and they turned out great!  With new tags, I was so excited... I went and finished this little octopus piece (with a label) and I'm just about to sew the sleeves on the back so I can hang it up!
35 36 37 38