My last post was a bit of a downer... so I made an effort to make this one much more positive!
To start with, a friend of mine was cleaning out her garage and was giving away a big piece of foam insulation... just the kind I need for a design wall! Since it wouldn't fit up my small stairwell, I had to cut the 8' length to 6' so I ended up with 2 design boards ~ one that's 6'x4' and one that's 2'x4'. Check it out:
We used to have a big shark poster hanging where I put up the design board... that's why there are little scuba men floating under the plant, see:
I used a great tutorial on how to make these boards at Oh Frannson! Very easy to do!! Plus I had enough space on the other side of the room to hang my squid and rooster quilt:
I know it's really messy, but oh well. I work there! Actually I've started another quilt... it's going to be for my new cousin Brady Glenn. I'm using a circle pattern I made earlier this year, and I'm liking how it's turning out. It's bigger than a baby quilt, about 45"x60" but I figure he can grow and use it for a long time. Here's a sneak peek at the top:
and a patch for the back:
YAY! I'm feeling better this week, and I'm getting some good work done, and I'm sooo happy to have a design wall for sewing ~ and a new project to work on!