01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: New Quilt plus Sewing Room Update! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Quilt plus Sewing Room Update!

34
My last post was a bit of a downer... so I made an effort to make this one much more positive!

To start with, a friend of mine was cleaning out her garage and was giving away a big piece of foam insulation... just the kind I need for a design wall!  Since it wouldn't fit up my small stairwell, I had to cut the 8' length to 6' so I ended up with 2 design boards ~ one that's 6'x4' and one that's 2'x4'.  Check it out:
We used to have a big shark poster hanging where I put up the design board... that's why there are little scuba men floating under the plant, see:
I used a great tutorial on how to make these boards at Oh Frannson! Very easy to do!! Plus I had enough space on the other side of the room to hang my squid and rooster quilt:
I know it's really messy, but oh well.  I work there!  Actually I've started another quilt... it's going to be for my new cousin Brady Glenn.  I'm using a circle pattern I made earlier this year, and I'm liking how it's turning out.  It's bigger than a baby quilt, about 45"x60" but I figure he can grow and use it for a long time. Here's a sneak peek at the top:
and a patch for the back:


YAY!  I'm feeling better this week, and I'm getting some good work done, and I'm sooo happy to have a design wall for sewing ~ and a new project to work on!

Labels:

35 36 37 38