01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: GAPS 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

GAPS

34
Today is Sunday... and I plan on finishing the quilting on my "Villa Villa Kula Quilt" today!  Then it's off to the binding ~ YAY!  I'm so close!  I can't wait to share, but I'm waiting for the MQG contest to be over first.

In the meantime, I received some exciting news from my Naturopathic Doctor.  She did some research for me (I've been having issues for a long time) and found some work by a colleague:  Dr. Allison Siebecker who has been studying the small intestines and something called SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)... and my doctor thinks this could be the cause of my symptoms.  I'm taking the test for it next week ~ and if that is the case... I can get better!!!!

I've been resigning myself to the idea I have fibromyalgia, and have been a bit down about it.  But it may not be that!  It may just be a bacteria deep in my intestines (gross, I know ~ sorry).  And if that's the case, a dose of special antibiotics and a very strict diet WILL make me better.  The diet prescribed is the GAPS diet.

GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology Syndrome.  It seems when you have chronic digestive issues, your body cannot take up all the nutrients it should, so our brains do not get fed and we start having mental issues.  Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride has been researching this since 2004 and I just got her book, and I'm blown away at all the things being malnourished can affect.  I also got a GAPS cookbook called Internal Bliss ~ and I already LOVE it!  I don't have to "adapt" anything... everything is Gail-Friendly, it's awesome.

So I just wanted to share a bit of good news (hopefully) and now I'll get back to my sewing!

Labels:

35 36 37 38