01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: This and That 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

This and That

34
Now that the big dragon quilt project is pretty much over (still need to sew a sleeve on the back and make the label)... I've been going over my sewing area and doing a little cleaning and sewing.  I recently was super inspired by another PMQG member, Susan Beal, who has been wearing skirts and dresses she sews herself.  After talking with her, I purchased the Barcelona Skirts pattern by Amy Butler.
I'm excited to try making something to wear ~ but it's very scary.  I don't even know what kind of fabric(s) I want to use yet.  Being a larger girl, clothes in general are kind of scary, but I'm in need of a little change.

I just made a couple BOM blocks.  Our guild is doing this thing where they have a tutorial for a new block at every meeting ~ you then make 2 of those blocks.  You keep one and give one to the guild at the next meeting.  The blocks given are then pieced together by different BEE's for charity quilts.  Such a great idea!  Here's the one I'm giving this month:

This second one is the one I'm keeping ~ it was the first one I made and is a little off and wonky... but I can make it work for my own sampler quilt!  Here is the BOM we did last month:
I have it pictured with another block I made using Anita's Arrowheads pattern ~ super fun way to piece together a block!  I think I'll be making a quilt using those in some way. 

Recently I finally got a chance to go to Cool Cottons with a gift card I got for my birthday last month (I know... how could I have waited so long??)  Anyway, since I don't have a set plan in my head for what I want to do next, I just bought some things I liked:
I'm still helping my daughter work on her cosplay costume for Sakura-Con... so that's where my sewing time has been spent lately.  When that is done, and then I plan on getting busy with more quilty goodness!


Labels:

35 36 37 38