01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: New Fabric 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Fabric

New fabric is always fun to get! I'm pretty lucky that a big fabric store is now walking distance from my house... yesterday I got some very pretty solid fabric for the border of the Jellyfish Hexie quilt. It's called Cerise and I pretty much love it.
I'm also adding a row of white hexies so that this quilt will sort of match the Squid Quilt I made a few years back and they can hang together.  I think I will do a few rows of the Cerise hexies instead of adding strips of fabric for the border, which means I'll have to make some half-hexies for the edges so it will have a straight edge on the sides.
Finished Squid Hexie Quilt
I haven't been too happy with all the blue hexies I made, so I'm making more... this is making this part of the layout take more time than I was hoping, but I've learned to wait until I'm happy before moving forward on a project, otherwise it may never get finished.

My daughter has been using my sewing machine for her latest cosplay costume... and I'm jonesin' to get it back. I have two quilt backs to make and I like to do those as improv pieces, I have fabric and a general plan - I just need my machine back. Luckily this is a good push for me to finish the layout and get to the piecing part of the Jellyfish.

What are you working on this week?

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38