01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Log Cabins With Susan Beal 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Log Cabins With Susan Beal

34
At the last PMQG meeting, I was a lucky door prize winner. One of the awesome goodies was a 3-month subscription to Creativebug which is an online education site for all sorts of crafty-ness. It's super cool!
One of the classes offered is taught by my friend Susan Beal. It's all about log cabin quilting. This first class centered on making a pillow... and here's what I made:
My log cabin block

Close up of my center block using the new Brambelberry Ridge by Violet Craft

Finished Pillow!
I think it took me about 2 hours from start to finish... including picking fabrics. I used some Violet Craft's new line Brambleberry Ridge. The metallics make this a really fun pillow.

I followed Susan's direction up to the quilting where I wanted to just play around with echo quilting - I think it gives it more of an organic feel which I like.

It was nice to take a break from hexies. I got a little frustrated with my layout the other day... so I just picked up all the blues and will start over. Since this is the most important part, I want to make sure I get it just right. I will also be making more blue hexies and pull aside some of the ones I don't like. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets frustrated and starts over... right?  ;)
Pulled all the blues... starting over.

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38