I got a little bug up my butt to finish my "Unbe-weevil-ble" quilt last weekend, and I was super productive by focusing on it as if it were a job. I gave myself two days to finish the quilt back, and I got it done! Here it is on the floor, taking up even more space in our living room.
You can see the Jellyfish sitting up on a design board on a table above the quilt back I'm working on. That top area is all stitched up, I'm ready for the next row of hexies - I'll be bringing it to the PMQG meeting tonight, along with the stuffed round blue guy I stole from my daughter to use as a work surface.
I had yet to baste a quilt in my new house. Figuring out how to baste that big quilt proved to take a bit of time in problem solving. I ended up sticking with spray baste, which is my favorite basting method, and just laying out bed sheets to catch any runaway spray. I did it on our basement floor which is carpeted and padded, so I couldn't tack it down... but it still worked!
Started working on the quilting yesterday - it will take a little time, I'm just doing (somewhat) straight line quilting at an angle - I think it will look good, and I can do it on my Singer! Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to finish this quilt for the meeting tonight... next month!