01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Living Life 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Living Life

34
With so many terrible news stories, it's hard to live life happily these days. It affects everyone to some degree - and mostly folks just fuel the hate.  I just want to send a bunch of love to every mother out there who has lost a son or daughter in the last few months. Whether in the Gaza strip or in Ferguson MO., no mother should have to bury their child due to the anger of others.

So I'm trying to find and give thanks to all the good things in my life. One of the best things is having friends to talk to, and in the PMQG, I am lucky to have many friends.  I'm trying to channel some of my frustrations to motivate me in my sewing. Thinking of mothers, I've decided to make a quilt for the new Providence NICU center. Our guild is collecting premie quilts for them, and Sam Hunter gave me a layer cake of some beautiful batiks at our last sew day (so sweet!) so I'm using that fabric to make this charity quilt.

It feels great to sew on my machine again... it's been a while since most of my time is spent with hexies. It's also great to free-motion-quilt again, although free motion quilting on my machine just makes me desire a new machine.

Here is what it looks like so far:

It's an attempt at improve piecing, but my mind was elsewhere, so I'm still unsure if I really like it or not. I'm FMQ'ing straight lines with a few circles... they kinda look like buttons to me.  I plan to quilt it more densely, this is just a progress shot. Hopefully the quilting will pull this whole quilt together for me... and that the receiver will like it.

That's it for now, go hug your kiddos and spread the love not the hate!
35 36 37 38