01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Quick Quilt Top 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Quick Quilt Top

34
I just finished a quilt top... YAY! It was a pretty quick one to put together, it was the 'braces' block I started last week. 
Braces Block
I figured out how to put the block together and timed myself through every step. So far, this quilt has taken a total of 677 minutes - that's a little over 11 hours. This includes layout and design time, and fabric cutting. For me, that seems pretty fast! It's interesting to keep track of time spent - it really enables a quilt to have value.

This one turned out pretty good - some of my points are a little off... but I think that will always be a work in progress. Right now it's 48" x 60" and I'm trying to decide if I want to add a border to make it a little bigger. I like big quilts, even though they are a pain to quilt on my machine. 
Braces Quilt Top
I'm loving this so far - I've never been much of a pink person, but I love it in quilts for some reason. This Kaffe Fassett print is pretty awesome - I love super saturated color, and who doesn't love dots? 
...and now I have another quilt-back to ponder!

Labels:

35 36 37 38