01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Holiday Time 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Holiday Time

34
HST's on the design wall
This is a tough time of year for me, and for others out there too, I'm sure.  I actually can't wait for the "shopping season" to be over! I know most people LOVE this time of year, and I want you to know, I love it when people are in a celebratory mood - so I can roll with it!

Since I was raised JW I never celebrated anything growing up. Nothing. Not even birthdays. The hardest was Halloween because we would turn off the lights and not answer the door when trick-or-treaters came to the house... and that always felt sneaky and dirty. Now I always make sure to have candy for the cutie costumed kids who come by!

That said, since I have no reference to how things are "normally" done for the holidays. In general, they kind of freak me out because I have no idea about the traditions most have grown up with. Even gift-giving seems strange, and I never know what to get people... so I don't do holiday gifts. If I find or make something for you, you'll get a gift right then and there, no matter what time of year and no reason necessary.

If I had to pick something to celebrate this time of year, it would be the Solstice! With the days getting shorter, it seems like a no-brainer as far as something to get excited about. Getting dark at 4pm does nothing for my creative intentions, all I want to do is curl up and go to sleep. I can't wait for the days to start getting longer!

The cooler weather also is taking it's toll - haven't been able to sleep through a night without achy-pain and stiffness waking me up every few hours. I can now say I've tried every diet alteration for pain relief, and so far - no great help in the nutrition department. So now I'm trying a medication: low-dose-naltrexone - it's supposed to be very helpful in pain management. We'll see.

As noted earlier, I'm not very motivated when the days get so grey and dark - so I haven't done much sewing recently. I did go to the PMQG Sew Day last Saturday and attempted some half-square-triangles (pictured above) I'm loving the colors and looking forward to doing an improv quilt with these pieces - should be interesting to see how that goes. I've also started French-Knotting the Jellyfish, and boy does it feel good to be working on that again - hope to finish in January sometime.





35 36 37 38