01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Spoonflower Package! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Spoonflower Package!

34
My little Spoonflower package
Look what just came in the mail!
They are the fabric swatch samples I ordered from Spoonflower - so exciting! I had a bunch of swatches made so I could see how the ink looks on the fabric. I know they use a digital printing method which affects color saturation, so I was not surprised by how the images turned out. However, I wish I could change the online image to more closely match what actually printed.



The colors are a little more subdued than my actual computer designs, and all the reds are especially over-saturated... so I have a little re-designing to do to make those look good through the Spoonflower process.

It was also interesting that I had the ability to scale my images on the Spoonflower site, which I did to make some of my patterns smaller - but they printed at actual size.  Something to keep in mind!

These were done as "collections", and each collection was printed on it's own piece of fabric...
I think I might just quilt this sample piece up as is! Hee hee!

You can see all my designs here - and some are even available for purchase (others need editing) although I'm using this more as a portfolio than something to market.

There is nothing quite like seeing/touching/feeling your own work after making it on a computer!

Labels:

35 36 37 38