01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Making Hexies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Making Hexies

34
piles of hexies, still making more.

This is my current sewing project.
What IS the project? I do not know... yet, so I'm just in the making mode.

hexie-making kit
I have been going through scraps and getting them cut down to size (1.5" squares) so I have something to work on all the time. The solids are from a 'honeybun' roll of Kona Brights - I'm keeping them separately from my other scrap fabrics.

bin of random hexies from scrap fabrics

bag of solid hexies
There are piles of scrap fabric on my cutting table I still need to cut to size, so I have plenty to work on for a while (thanks Sam!) 
So, at this point of making... it's time to think about design. I am playing around with the idea of smaller projects like placemats and snackmats... projects that can be done quickly and that I can share with others.

What are you working on this month?  



Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38