Since I finished the Jellyfish Hexie Quilt, I've been making hexies out of random scraps of fabric that have been given to me by a few PMQG members (Thanks Sam, MaryAnn, and Cris!) So I have piles of crazy-colored hexies to play with.
I came up with a layout for a medallion for a larger quilt, and I'm stitching it together!
Hexie Medallion in Process
This is the first project that I'm using Kimono Silk 100# thread (thanks to Rachel!) to stitch them together with, and I am loving the results! From the front you cannot see any stitches, and even on the back, the thread is so fine, it looks really clean:
Showing the work
These are 1/2" hexies. The size I used on the Jellyfish and the Dragon. It's my favorite size because they are so easy to handle while sewing. No need to baste through the paper with smaller pieces like this either.
I also have a quilt finish to share... it is for the Game of Quilts Challenge, so I'm not posting pictures yet, but I'm very happy with my project, and can't wait to share! For now, I'll continue working on these hexies - I love having a go-to project like this.