01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: Quilt Finish! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Quilt Finish!

34
I'm so happy to report another quilt finish! So much better than a political conversation - IMHO at least ;)

This one is called: Earth Energy.
Earth Energy Quilt - Finished Front
This quilt came about because I won a pack of pre-cut off-white Kona HST's at PMQG meeting a year or two ago... then, when I was at an All-Day-Sew, my friend Beth Wells was getting rid of some of her stash, and she happened to have the Kona Darks HST package - and gave it to me. I was pretty excited, but wasn't sure how to put them all together at first.

Earth Energy Quilt - close up
I ended up with a 'rainbow' type quilt, and it reminded me of radiating energy, hence the name. Once the top was finished, I wanted to quit it on my Juki, but didn't have a good idea of HOW I wanted to quilt it. I started with the wavy lines and after I was done, I was ready to pull them all out and start over. Instead, I just added more quilting using straight lines. Well... semi-straight lines, I free-motioned them, so they are definitely not perfect, but I ended up LOVING how it turned out.

Earth Energy Quilt - Back
I got some of the really neat Tula Pink quilt backing in blue for the back - I adore these backing fabrics with polka dots and birds - so awesome! I used wool batting for this quilt too - it feels so soft... and I still have to wash it! It will feel even better after that!

Recently I also went a little crazy with the green fabrics I have laying around... it didn't help that I had a couple requests too... so I also finished 4 smaller cannabis quilts. I'm calling them my "Green Cross Series Quilts".
Green Cross Series #1
Green Cross Series #2

Green Cross Series #3

Green Cross Series #4
They all are very similar, but all are very different. They are approximately 42" square. Each one has a Cannabis leaf stitched into the green cross. Series #2 is currently hanging at a show in Madison Wisconsin right now! It's at the Gallery @ Truax along with over 40 other Modern quilts in a collection called: Quilt Making - A Modern Practice. Another is a commission for a friend, and yet another is spoken for by someone who has a cannabis shop here in Oregon. The last one is probably going to stay right with me ;)

Cannabis Free Motion Quilting
I finished the last two of these since the beginning of the year, along with the Earth Energy quilt, that makes 3 new quilt finishes for me this year - YAY! I'm so happy to share something productive!



Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38