01 02 03 * I Think Sew *: New Snail Trail Quilt - Finished! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Snail Trail Quilt - Finished!

34
So lucky to have a somewhat sunny day after finishing my last quilt - I have pictures to share!
"Ocean's of Blue" by Gail Lizette Weiss - Finished Front
This quilt was a pretty big challenge for me - half square triangles and quarter inch seams are two things that don't want to play nice together! I made quite a few mistakes, so I had extra blocks and fabric after finishing the top, so I pieced a back as well:
"Ocean's of Blue" Finished Back
I quilted this on my Juki with straight lines. I recently got turned onto using rulers for quilting - one of those "duh" moments when you finally understand how people get such nice straight lines!

using a ruler for quilting
I used a 6" square ruler with fabric grips and rested it against the foot of the machine while lining up with previous lines - I also used the pattern of the quilt to keep the lines going in the right direction. It took a while, but this is my favorite quilting work yet.
straight line quilting
This is a commissioned quilt, so I have to say goodbye soon - but it sure was a pleasure to create! I have all the math to create a pattern... and if I get motivated enough, I just might try my hand at making patterns. Things in the blog world seem to be changing a lot lately... it seems to be one big marketing platform. I'm kind of tired of it all - but that's just me. Sales and marketing are the American Way... right? I kind of like the idea of making a little money with my creativity... but I also don't want to turn into a sales girl. Something to consider.

What are you working on today?




Labels:

35 36 37 38